Download Microsoft Development Software
- UA CS students and instructors can download Microsoft development
software for free through Microsoft DreamSpark.
- To qualify, you must be a CS student and is currently enrolled in
a CS course or an instructor who is teaching a CS course.
- The department will sign up all qualified students during the
second week of class.
- After being signed up, you will receive an email sent from “University of Akron - Computer Science - DreamSpark Premium firstname.lastname@example.org” with subject title of “An account has been created for you”.
- Follow the instructions in the email to register and set up your password. (If you had an old
inactive account, you should receive an email related to reactivation of
- Please do NOT
delete this email since it is automatically generated and can NOT be retrieved by the site
- What if I have not received the DreamSpark email? If you have not received the email at the end
of the second week, it may have gone to your spam folder. Search with keyword “DreamSpark” in your UA mailbox. Email the GA of your class if you could
not find the email.
- What if I have forgotten my password? You can go to the sign-in
page if you forgot your password. There is a link
to reset your password there. You should use your UA email address there.
- A student can only download each piece of
software once, but can use it for any length of time for non-commercial
- Check out the online help on how to download software and maintain