Download Microsoft Development Software at
- UA CS students, who are currently in at least one CS course, can
download Microsoft development software for free through Microsoft Imagine.
This is paid for by the CS department and is only licensed to the CS
- The department will sign up all qualified students during the
second week of class.
- After being signed up, you will receive an email sent from “University of Akron - Computer Science - Microsoft Imagine Premium firstname.lastname@example.org” with the subject title of “An account has been created for you”.
- Follow the instructions in the email to register and set up your password. (If you had an old
inactive account, you should receive an email related to reactivation of
- Please do NOT
delete this email since it is automatically generated and can NOT be retrieved by the site
- What if I have not received the email? You will not receive an
email if you have already registered an account before. If you have not
received the email at the end of the second week, it may have gone to your
spam folder. Search with keywords “Microsoft Imagine” in your UA
mailbox. Email the instructor of
your class if you could not find the email.
- What if I have forgotten my password? You can go to the sign-in
page if you forgot your password. There is a link
to reset your password there. You should use your UA email address there.
- A student can only download each piece of
software once, but can use it for any length of time for non-commercial
- Check out the help
menu on how to download software and maintain your account.